Customized soft- and hardware solutions for your lab
One software platform to control all your devices
Move your lab to the next level!
For many years during our own work in academic research, our software modules for Brillouin light scattering spectroscopy and optical scanning microscopy have been used not only by us but have been also distributed to scientists in many labs around the world. Now, we are moving our technology to the next level by extending our scope towards a comprehensive operating system for your lab – thaTEC:OS!
thaTEC:OS is an advanced software platform which allows you to control all the devices in your lab. Due to the simple, yet advanced structure using drag & drop, no programming skills are required - setting up and performing automated measurements never has been easier.
thaTEC:OS grows with your tasks: add or substitute equipment at an existing setup by plug and play. With our growing device library, you are ready to go from the beginning.
Your device is not available or you need additional features? Just get in touch with us or go for it yourself using our programming template.
thaTEC:OS - Features
- remote control from a central GUI: Control all your devices from a central and unified user interface! Acquire, store and visualize all your data coherently at one central spot!
- process automation: Automatize your measurements and processes instantly via drag-and-drop. Define cross-device processes, reuse or adjust previous experimental scenarios in a few moments - no programming needed!
- fully extendable: thaTEC:OS is not a software for the automation of a specific scenario – it is a general solution to accompany you with all your scientific ideas! You purchased a new device or want to add or substitute equipment in an existing setup? thaTEC:OS grows with your tasks - just plug and play!
- visualization and evaluation: Overwhelmed by data sets from different devices scattered across your laboratory? thaTEC:OS is your central reference point. While you focus on the analysis, thaTEC:OS manages the details!
- minimal training efforts: Use thaTEC:OS with the same look-and-feel for all your setups and experiments without programming skills. Learn at one machine, operate them all!
- long-term solution: Science is a dynamic field with tremendous staff fluctuation. This drain of know-how complicates software development and maintenance. Contact us, if you are looking for a comprehensive long-term solution for your laboratory!
- email notifiers: Stay up to date even when your are out of the lab. Receive email notifications about the measurement status to make sure you are back whenever your input is needed to start a new measurement or to analyze new data
- Digital lab book: Keep track of all your measurements with the automatically generated searchable measurement database. Inspect the acquired data, the measurement protocols and check the status of all included devices at the time of the measurement.
- Software API: You want to use your own software modules with thaTEC:OS or develop new modules after purchasing new hardware? No problem, we offer thaTEC:driver template to allow for the highest flexibility regarding you hard- and software.
Optical scanning microscope
Turnkey systems for various detection methods
You plan to implement an optical technique to investigate micro- and nanostructures? We offer customized hardware for your lab!
During our own longstanding experimental work in the area of Brillouin light scattering microscopy, we constructed and continuously improved several scanning microscopes in various labs all over the world . THATec Innovation will bring this experience to your lab.
We customize our hardware according to your experimental scenario: detection technique, positioning system, high-frequency or dc probes to contact your sample, ...? No problem! Tell us your requirements, we will select the optimal hardware for you and will set it up right where it belongs: in your lab!
Moreover, our software module for microscopy offers autofocus routines, long-time position stabilization and fully automated 2D scans.
Get in touch with us and get your customized THATec Innovation optical scanning microscope now.
Optical scanning microscope - Hardware features
- standard microscope objective: magnification 100x, NA 0.75, 4 mm working distance to give enough space for RF- and DC-probes (see also our probe station
- viewing system:
- CCD camera to monitor your structures
- LED sample illumination(various wavelenghts and intensities available)
- optional second viewport with larger viewing area to land the electrical probes
- optional wide-field Kerr imaging for perpendicular magnetized materials available
- positioning system:
- basic: high precision piezo stages
- advanced: high precision linear motor stages with high load capacity (up to 30 kg) and long travel range (up to 350 mm)
- scanning microscopy:
- included: optomechanical parts and optics to implement a scanning laser beam combined with our viewing system
- optics and light path can be optimized for your requirements (laser wavelength, power, etc.)
- fully compatible with our probe station:
- electrical contacting with micromanipulators - no wire bonding needed - while holder is mounted on positioning system – no transfer needed after contacting
- system can be used with an electromagnet mounted on a rail system (to allow for easy access to the sample), e.g., for Brillouin light scattering microscopy
- included: general purpose analog and digital I/O for data acquisition or the control of instrumentation
Optical scanning microscope - Software features
- fully automated image acquisition and sample positioning for optical (scanning) microscopy
- auto focus routines via the camera image and/or via the probing laser beam
- active long-time position stabilization via picture recognition routines
- automated scanning of user-defined regions
- automated movement along user-defined trajectories
- smart sample finder: automated movement along a user-defined trajectory from contacting position to microscopy position
- peripheral actors and sensor systems:
- integration of additional hardware functionality via thaTEC:OS
- customization with thaTEC:driver programming interface
Our latest and most versatile probe station
- Individual 3D positioning of up to six probes to your sample
- Compatible with high frequency probes up to 110 GHz
- High-precision rotary stage to align your sample
- Fully compatible with our optical scanning microscope
Brillouin light scattering spectroscopy
Advanced control software for your TFP-interferometer
Profit from our long-term experience in Brillouin light scattering and fully automate your tandem Fabry-Pérot interferometer from JRS Scientific Instruments with our software module TFPDAS. Automated alignment and stabilization of the mirror pairs during the measurement and, of course, fully automated data acquisition with one software module!
The development of this control software in 2009 was the starting point for our company. For many years, our software modules for Brillouin light scattering spectroscopy have been used not only by us but have been also distributed to scientists in many labs around the world. By continuously improving the THATec Innovation TFP-interferometer control software and by adding more and more features, the software now is better than ever.
Contact us and make your life in the lab easier by upgrading your existing setup now!
You don't have a setup but you are interested in Brillouin light scattering? We will build your customized setup for microfocused or wavevector-resolved Brillouin light scattering and set it up right in your lab!
TFPDAS - Features
- control of the tandem Fabry-Pérot interferometer from JRS Scientific Instruments
- automated alignment of the mirror pairs
- continuous automated stabilization of the optics during the measurement
- advanced calibrations methods for precise frequency measurements
- service mode assisting with the coarse alignment of the optical components
- automated scanning and data acquisition in a user-defined spectral range
- optional integration of USB joysticks for the instrument control
- compatible with our modules for time-resolved measurements with unlimited number of time and frequency channels (third-party hardware required)
- integration and synchronization with all other devices in your lab via thaTEC:OS